10 June 2010

my unhappiness...

I have been experiencing lots of unhappiness while at work.
It was even worse this week with my boss on leave.
Colleagues from other departments were giving
me work to do even though it was not my duty.

I've even started sending out numerous resumes but none
comes back to me except for one recruitment
agency who was asking me if I'm interested in
Admin Assistant. This sounds abit crazy, even
though the pay is quite high, but given the nature of
the job title, you'll know that you will get stuck in the
company for years due to the high pay. I wouldn't want
to risk my future just for the good pay.

And then, I have yet to receive any news from my
ex-company where I went interview previously.
But the thought of being offered as a
Marine Assistant instead of Marine Executive (which I
applied for) actually scares me off. Again,
even with a high pay, I guess I wouldn't accept the offer
and go back to my ex-company to work. I've also realised
that during the interview, I knew there would not be any
career advancement if I will to accept the job,
because I understand the culture and the people
management there.

Most of the time, I wondered... is it that hard to find
a job that would fit what I want??? True is,
most job agency sometimes post fake job posts in Jobsdb.com
and Jobstreet.com, and the pay offered in these
two job sites were extremely low, just like what
was offered maybe 10 years ago.

I had even lowered my pay expectations, and
re-wrote my resume many a times just to
make sure that it looks presentable and fits
what an employer is looking for. And yet,
I didn't receive any calls from recruitment agencies
or direct employers, yet I see they advertise
the job post daily. And I often wonder where
or in any way am I not being considered
for a post that I applied for???

Comparing to 5 years ago, I would be picking up
calls almost every few hours from recruitment
agencies for job offers, with some that do not
even require me to go for interview... how nice???
So I see how the stock market crash affects employment
up till now, but didn't the government says economy
is picking up???

Sometimes, its just so puzzling...

>_<

No comments:

Post a Comment