05 June 2011

what's my next step in my career?

Having been in the shipping industry for about 6 years, of which 5 years plus in Marine Safety & Quality department and 7 months into crewing operation, I think I had a very good resume.

I also believe my portfolio is good already, but only need to make it better.

Previously I have considered taking a Masters degree in Maritime Studies at NTU, but decided to abort the idea due to the duration of the course (2 full years in fact, but I'm afraid of 3 minute passion).

And then, I thought about the Bachelor degree in Business Maritime at YMCA, by Australia Maritime College, but the cost is expensive. Each module is A$1500 if I'm not wrong, and its a two year programme with no exams (I liked). But again, I hacked the idea off cos of the cost.

Two years after harbouring thoughts of registering for further studies, I think I'm at it again...

It was always taught that when we are at crossroads in the middle of our career, either take a break or switch jobs or go into further studies... I think I'll go for taking another course, and I've chosen, most likely to be a Specialist Diploma in Shipping Operations & Management at SP, costing about $3852, and I would only be paying 30% of the course fees because I'm a Singaporean.

I'm planning that after completion of the course, I'll most likely continue to take on other short courses to upgrade my knowledge on shipping, else everything people talks about shipping I'm always having a blank mind, totally no knowledge!

Ok, its time to update my resume now!

No comments:

Post a Comment