01 July 2012

Reject!

I recently rejected an offer to join a company...

And I only went for the skype interview once which miraculously landed me this job offer...
However, I rejected the company to join because of the few reasons:
  • pay offer was too low, it was only $80 jump from my current pay... and the job agent still say its a lot!!!
  • working hours are long, 9am-6.30pm,  however, the HR says I can work from 9am-6pm instead (my current working hours are 9am-5.30pm lor)...
  • no mobile allowance but HR says they will give me a new phone, most likely a blackberry and company will pay for all phone expenses (I'm getting $70 mobile allowances leh, some more still can further claim if make overseas call)...
  • annual leave only 14 days (I'm taking 18 days in my current company)...
Besides the cons about, the only pros is the career advancement... but after working for 3 different companies (some more is 3 different culture companies), do I need to believe that career advancement will come eventually???

The other reasons rejected was the job agent who did extra things... she tried to fight for me the benefits, shorter working hours, mobile phone, taking extra unpaid leave if I used up my annual leave... but these I did not ask for and I feel real stupid if I really took up the offer... because this whole thing will not look good on me for long term...

How would you feel if you start work at 9am and went off at 6pm while other's working hours are till 6.30pm?? I'm sure the big boss will feel weird... the unpaid leave thing, who would want to take unpaid leave in the first place??? I wouldn't, its a stupid move as well...

The worse was the company wanted me to go for medical check-up before allowing me to sign the appointment letter, yet they want me to tender first cos they wanted me to start work asap!!! How ridiculous?? What if I failed my medical check?? I would have lost both jobs!!! The HR was rather draggy as well, they dragged this whole thing for like days already... and they don't allow me to take a look at the letter of appointment also... everything seems fishy...

So my gut feeling, after consulting lots of people, was the jump wasn't worth it... anyway, the last reason was it felt like TCCS (my 2nd ship management company), and I feel 101% uncomfortable if I worked there...

And so, I decided to stay at my current company for long term now... since the welfare benefits are much better than other companies... the only downside??? No career advancement!!!

But I guess if I decided not to be too ambitious, I probably will feel contended staying at MOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment