11 September 2013

no more boss...

So... my boss was asked to leave at a sudden notice the moment I came back from a 2 days training course...

My colleague on the other hand, went for a 2 days training course straight after I came back to work last Wednesday. And you can guess the shock on my face...

My first lady boss resigned on her own account, but refused to leave until her replacement comes...
My second boss was asked to leave cos he didn't do what the HR director wanted him to do, it was so-called a "misfit" to the organization...

Well, both bosses had something in common, that is - - - not trusting their subordinates to their work and controlling too much, treating us like PAs, secretaries and admin assistants...

Now I have no boss and I contributed my ideas and suggestions freely to the HR director who happily agrees and accept the changes because she sees them as improvement to our work flow and department... I like how things work now... but what comes next is unknown, because the next replacement is perhaps, another one who cannot work??

I would prefer my future boss to be able to make decisions on the spot, ability to take the responsibilities and committed to take responsibilities of the work, not afraid of making wrong decisions and solving them, efficient and effective... etc..

It is irony that when I decided to make a life-changing decision, something happens, just like below:

  1. When I was still working under my female boss, I thought I couldn't take it and was planning a different route out, which means resigning in early 2013 (between January to April) and then register myself for a one month intensive Korean language course in Korea... while the idea lingers on during January, my lady boss suddenly drops the bomb saying she's gonna resign... and that happens in mid January...
  2. The thought of resigning still singing in my mind... but I thought I would make another life-changing decision, that is to register for a full-time Masters degree course in Shipping at one of the UK universities... I was still planning to resign next year as I thought my second boss is gonna be here for long, and then came the news that he was asked to leave...
It was a bit sad for my second boss, no one understands what really happens, thinking back now, I feel kinda upset, but then again, he wasn't easy to work with... but he make me stronger for who I am now as I learned to speak up honestly to the HR director...

The news spread fast and my lady boss who is currently half jobless, learns that my second boss is gone and asks to come back... the HR director asks for my opinion and I shake my head, telling her that many people have complained about her and its not a good idea to have her come back and commit the same mistakes... The HR director agrees and said she felt mean to reject her, but she doesn't want my lady boss to come back as well since she couldn't handle the stress of 17 vessels, let alone our future 50 vessels...

I do not know if this is the time I really started performing in my work, during the past one week whereby I was one-man show for 31 vessels' crew operations and administrations stuffs, not easy but challenging...

This is the only time I actually taste a sweetness of job satisfaction at my current job, after all, no pain no gain right??

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment