All along I suspected I was having hives during the period April to June when my body starts having bouts of itchy patches and swelling that looked like a big mosquito bites... but my doctor shrugged it off as bed bugs bites initially in May when I visited him, and he told me to avoid seafood and gave me medicines (medicine "Carine" at first), then top up with steroid creams...
The 2nd follow up two weeks later, the doctor checked and I complained that the itch had moved from my legs to my butts, and my doctor asked me to continue to take medicine "Carine", top up with medicine "Atarax" and steroid creams again...
The 3rd follow up another two weeks later, I told the doctor the itch is not subsiding, but my doctor had decided to focus on my legs, and never once see how bad my butts were... still, he maintained its bed bugs bites and I'm allergic to it... So he discontinued medicine "Carine" and told me to take medicine "Atarax" twice a day... well, "Atarax" is a very drowsy medicine which actually affects my working ability cos I'll be feeling very weak and sleepy...
And finally, I decided I'll took some blood purifying supplements, and I stopped all my medicines two weeks later in mid June... So, I went Watsons and bought "Greenlife Chorophyll"... took it for two weeks and the itch completely stopped... and I continued to pop the supplements until the itch came back in early October...
It started on my legs again, then it moved up to my left butt... and now my left waist...
Today, I finally went to my doctor again after hesitating for 2-3 weeks... I showed my left waist to the doctor and asked if it was hives... he screened it, pressed on the reddish patchy part on my left waist and confirmed it was hives... and so, I was given one day MC to rest at home as my doctor concludes the cause could be environmental, or seafood...
So my medicine consists of "Carine" and "Atarax" again... and instead of steroid creams, I was given Calamine lotion... and no seafood, no milk or dairy products and no egg (especially egg white)...
I asked my doctor for a jab instead, but my doctor said that my case was not that serious to suffice to a jab... but I complained and told my doctor that the itch is already spreading... still, he maintains no jab required...
Some info about hives:
"Hives are red and sometimes itchy bumps on your skin. An allergic reaction to a drug or food usually causes them. Allergic reactions cause your body to release chemicals that can make your skin swell up in hives. People who have other allergies are more likely to get hives than other people. Other causes include infections and stress. Hives are very common. They usually go away on their own, but if you have a serious case, you might need medicine or a shot. In rare cases, allergic reactions can cause a dangerous swelling in your airways, making it hard to breathe - which is a medical emergency."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria
http://www.medicinenet.com/hives/article.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment